Major duties of different officials in a tournament:
- Referee: Prepare draw and schedule of the tournament. Present whenever matches are being played. He/she is the final authority of all ruling questions during the event.
- Chief Umpire: Present whenever matches are being played. Supervise umpires’ duties. Appoints and replaces or reassigns, when necessary, Chair Umpires, Line Umpires, and Net Umpires in a tournament.
- Chair Umpire: Calls the scores and calls the lines when no Line Umpire is assigned. He/She is the final authority on all questions of fact during match
- Roving Umpire: Settle court disputes; overrule players when a clear mistake by player is made.
- Line Umpire: Calls all balls on his/her assigned line