Last Updated on Thursday, 02 May 2019 17:39
- Work on the development path from Elite Development to National (coaching methodology, Long Term Athlete Planning)
- Seek and form a strong coaching staff for National (experienced, driven, teamwork, able to push players)
- Discuss and arrange a calendar of events one year in advance
- Organize regular summer tours for all players in National Programme
- Put in place a long term development plan for young players to consistently feed into National Programme
- Team event goals to be upwardly revised within 2 years
- Ensure we select only committed, hard working players into National Programme
- Provide an excellent training program
- Work towards having an athlete centered structure
2019/2020 National Training Squad (NTS) – Assessment Day
2019/2020 Assessment for players aged 12 or under is scheduled on the 26th May & 2nd June 2019 (Sunday). The fallback date is on 9th June 2019 (Sunday).
All players must be a Hong Kong Permanent Resident and comply with all the following criteria.
- In good standing with HKTA.
- - A main draw player in Nissin Hong Kong National Junior Tennis Championships 2019 (or be of the appropriate ranking if not play).
- - Comply with HKTA codes of conduct.
- - Commit to the minimum number of days of training days, and tournaments.
Players who do not attend the Assessment Day will not be considered for selection.
Players who are selected at the Assessment Day, must accept a place in the NTS program. (do not attend if you do not intend to accept a place).
Players will be assessed by HKTA coaches across technical, tactical and physical components of the game.
Players aged 13 or above (born 2007 or earlier) cannot attend the Assessment Day. Selection for this age group is based on recommendations from two, separate, qualified coaches. An assessment period will be arranged if necessary.
Players may receive a wildcard invitation if special circumstances exist, regarding satisfying the aforementioned criteria.
If you have other opinions about the player list, you are required to send in your written appeal (Email: email@example.com) within 2 weeks from the date the list is released.