- Last Updated on Thursday, 09 August 2018 17:02
Introducing the new player development programme
The Elite Development Programme is aimed at providing a platform with clearly defined structures and competitive pathways in order to facilitate a player's progression towards the National Programme and beyond.
- Develop players to feed into the National training programme;
- Create a player development pathway from a young age up to National standard and beyond;
- Produce a comprehensive training programme for athletes of different levels by focusing on the 4 main components of competitive tennis (technical, tactical, physical and mental);
- Increase competition levels;
- Help players optimise their tennis potential as individuals; and
- Create a Long Term Athlete Development plan (LTAD) for key training groups and individual athletes
- Physical – coordination, fitness level, mobility
- Technical – stroke ability, level of play
- Attitude – competitiveness, commitment level
- Technical Executives
- Professional Coaches
Sign-up for an assessment today!
The new Elite Development programme begins in September. Players wishing to join must first sign-up for an assessment. Once the assessment is completed satisfactorily, training groups will then be assigned to the players accordingly.